Re: [OM] IMG: From the Past

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the Past
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:55:37 -0500
Hi Moose,

In the late 40s, Basic ROTC was mandatory at my land-grant school.  Advanced
ROTC was optional.  With the advent of the Korean Police Action, and the
need for more troops, I was given the option of taking one semester of
advanced ROTC, and attending summer camp, to obtain a commission.  Since
that sounded better than the draft, I accepted, and the summer camp
requirement was later cancelled.  I received my degree, my commission, and
my orders all on the same day in 1951.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA