Re: [OM] New Shots Posted (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Shots Posted (OT)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 06:40:55 -0400
Thanx! We've had an abundance of rainbows lately, usually at a time
when I can't get out and chase them down. This one was kind enough to
show itself over the back yard. <g>

Foggy harbor scenes are among my favorite. I'm glad you liked it. My
personal favorite fog picture these days is Fogbank at Round Pond

http://www.bobwhitmire.com/page1/page10/page10.html

It does poorly on a computer screen, but the print captures the magic.
The foreground is very clear, with the pot buoy and float, and the
closest boats positively glow with sunlight partially diffused with
the first tendrils of fog from the approaching fogbank. As you move
deeper into the photo, the boats become more obscure, until they are
almost ghosts. I'll be printing this one on Ultra Smooth Fine Art
Paper, which is what I proofed it on, and hanging it in the near future.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com