Re: [OM] Olympus Odyssey

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Odyssey
From: Michael Collins <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:49:18 -0400
Ah, yes, the Olympus Odyssey. Quite an odyssey it's been to date, too. But
let us not forget that it took Odysseus ten years to reach Ithaca. Or
twenty, if you include the Trojan War itself in the count.

I had taken an informal role in hustling the camera from one participant to
the next while Jeff Keller was otherwise occupied, and had some success but
ran out of mental energy to do this last year.

The last known location of the non-North American camera is with Andreas
Pirner in Osterholz-Scharmbeck, Germany, in June of 2009.

The last known location of the North American camera is with Clay Nichols in
Lexington SC, in September of 2009.

Now that this is back on the radar, I will make another attempt to contact
each of them and (if successful) have the cameras passed along - there is a
waiting list of four or five, as I recall.

Brian, you can send me the images to put on the Web site. If I have a burst
of energy, I'll actually pull the galleries from Jeff's site into my
temporary site, so that everything is available in one place. The original
site is at

  <http://www.reflective-moment.com/olympus-odyssey> [Galleries 1, 2, and 3]

and my supplement is at

 <http://www.ownvolition.com/olympus-odyssey/gallery_chrome_2.htm>

The rules? Roughly these:

Images:
- choose four images
- scan them [or you could get JPEGs when you have them processed]
- resample/resize the images to 72dpi and 800 pixels on the long side
  for horizontal, 580px tall if vertical
- save the images in the .jpg format
- email them to <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx> copy <MRC.OO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- send a description of each image in the body of the email -
  information such as the image's title, lens, film, aperture,
  shutter speed, location, etc. and a little story about the image.

E.g.,
 Title: Oil-soaked Birds
 Photo Location: Upper Loon Lake near Premier Ed Stelmach's summer home
 Exposure: not recorded, probably around 1/60
 Lens: Zuiko 18mm f3.5 @ f5.6
 Film: Kodak T400cn
 Technical Details: Photo CD from the local photo lab
 Comments: Looking across the pond, wishing for a Liberal government.

Cheers,
Michael