Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:36:29 -0400
Be cautious with the hard drive branded cloning software.  You typically
get cloning software free if you buy a retail (boxed) hard drive.  I
have tried that stuff before and it makes me uneasy.  I can't recall
which brand was which now but I've tried two different brands against
other than that brand's own drive.  Both insisted that the software was
only for use with their own brand.  One flat refused to work and I
couldn't get past it.  The other said it wouldn't work but I was able to
work around it in some way that I don't recall.  But both cases left me
uneasy which is why I eventually went to a back level, boxed version of
Acronis.  I wish the SyncBack guys made cloning software.  I'd buy it in
an instant.

Chuck Norcutt