Re: [OM] graphics tablets

Subject: Re: [OM] graphics tablets
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:54:34 -0500
> I have a Wacom Graphire 3 and like to use the mouse in "Pen Mode", which
> gives me "Where you put it is where it goes" movement.  No picking up
> and moving the mouse to get a new start.  I actually prefer the smaller
> tablet, because I do not want the longer sweeping motions of the hands
> that is required on the large tablets.  I also don't have the space
> available for the large tablet.  I keep telling myself that I need to
> take the time to learn to use the pen, but seem to manage quite well
> with the mouse.  That said, I would love to have a Cintiq, but can't
> justify the cost.  And would never get it past SWMBO. LOL

Paul, I'm with you on this one too. I do like the smaller pad because
of the sweeping movements, but the 4x5 is just a touch too small, I
think. The next size up might be just about right. I use the mouse in
standard mode, and the pen in pen mode. I mostly use the pen for
cloning, erasing and painting. Otherwise, it's a bit awkward trying to
direct and redirect whenever I move the pen.

I've been playing around for a few minutes with the iPad as a remote
control of the screen (and an extended screen). It's kinda cool,
actually. I take my laptop and extend the screen onto a second monitor
(optional existance). Then using VNC I remote control the laptop, but
have the screen shifted over to the second one. This way I get a large
two-screen working area and touch-screen mouse movements. A little
ragged yet, but I think this might have possibilities. But then again,
it might be just a waste of my time.

AG