Re: [OM] Film ain't dead, yet

Subject: Re: [OM] Film ain't dead, yet
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:18:26 -0400
Just for the record, Genuine Fractals, aside from being an excellent
uprez/downrez tool, also has a feature that adds what looks like real
old-fashioned grain to the image. The effect is controlled by a
slider, and it works very well. Grain, and to a lesser extent digital
noise, are good tools for roughing up areas of images to make them
look less plastic. It also smoothes over (by roughing) defects, etc.
Grain and noise can make areas look sharper, too.

Not to mention your notion of not always wanting images to look as
your eye saw them. Poetic license, eh?

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com