Re: [OM] E-thingy body recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] E-thingy body recommendation
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 02:15:35 +1000 (EST)
Hi Jim,

> I have the E-510 and Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro, so I decided to do a quick
> check using a crude setup.  The specimen holder and lighting are very crude,
> and I did not recall the procedure for focus magnifer, but this would give
> you an idea of what can be done.  This is a full frame from the E-510.

I need to refras what I'd writing and not write while I'm checking emails
and enjoying a very nice Merlot Cabernet on this freezing Melbourne
morning :-)

The E300, E330, and E1 are perfect if you want to use a bellows
as you do not need an extension tube with the adapter.  If you are
using OM lense and the adapter only it should be fine on any E
body.

> Getting in much closer results in the lens shading the specimen, with loss
> of light.

Thats why I use a ring flash :-)

=-=-=

I cant help myself, I just bid on an E420....
My excuse is it will be perfect for one of my daughters
as I have spare lens and even a spare E flash.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.