[OM] Broads, boating

Subject: [OM] Broads, boating
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 07:10:59 +0100
The signal here is pretty bad (GPRS rather than 3G, but then it is Norfolk and
very lovely countryside) but I have uploaded 2 photos to illustrate, perhaps,
the essence of the Broads.

Most boats are tourist and plastic, but this lovely craft was tacking in front
of us across Barton Broad and I took several shots (using the excellent 1.4
converter from BobW on my old 50-200 and E3) before it eased off up one of the
channels.

The second photo is of a family of Egyptian Geese, I think.  Mother goose was
quacking all night, keeping her tiny charges in order, then gander arrived with
a load of ceremony, in the morning, to help with the herding.

The weather is gorgeous, temperature up at 28deg C yesterday, with the sun
rising and warming the countryside as I write this (at 0710).

http://picasaweb.google.com/piclibster/BroadsJune2010#

Chris