Re: [OM] Can't get Olympus Viewer 2 to open

Subject: Re: [OM] Can't get Olympus Viewer 2 to open
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 02:15:58 -0700
On 6/12/2010 11:22 PM, siddiq@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2010, at 11:16 PM, Moose wrote:
>

>> .
>>
>> Now I guess I will get to try out Capture One. :-)
>>
> There’s also SilkyPix which some people swear by.

And some others swear at. It doesn't have the best reputation overall,
with stories of a quirky interface and bugs.

In any case, the only reason I'll try Capture One is if, as advertised,
I can get a copy free by being an owner of Expression Media 2. If
SilkyPix offered me a free, full version, I might give it a try, too.

I don't feel the need for a new RAW converter, but am willing to try
things out on occasion. RawTherapee seems to be pretty capable in many
ways, but the GUI tends toward the obscure and it's slow in some
operations. A new GUI is in Alpha, but I haven't looked at it yet.

Moose