Re: [OM] Could be OM - Enlargers

Subject: Re: [OM] Could be OM - Enlargers
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:43:20 +0100
Used to have a Krokus 44 - simple, well built, good design - the head
swivelled to project on the wall for large scale printing. The 66, as I
recall, was for 6x6 film, which might explain why the 50mm lens is buried
deep in the mount - but more than that I don't recall. I notice one sold on
the auction site for GBP1 a couple of months back - the seller noted that it
could be used as a copy stand, which is precisely what I did many years ago.
And if you don't intend to go into colour negative printing, and given that
the electrics sem to have fried, it's what I would do now in your shoes,
Brian.  NB I think Krokus used 42mm thread, not the usual 39mm for enlarging
lenses. The manufacturer, PZO Warszawa, is no longer in the photo optics
business.

The Meopta Opemus is Czech, not Polish, and is again a 6x6 model. Don't have
any experience with Meopta products, but would expect them to be at least
the equal of the Krokus, that is well-built and well-designed. It dates from
1978-1980, according to http://www.meopta.com/index.php?id=312 but Meopta
has ceased prodcution of cameras and enlargers.

And as to the Swedish wine glasses without Peer - well Peer's in the Hall of
the Mountain King enjoying Norwegian wine glasses. For myself, I would stick
to Cebtral European phot equipment, as Scandinavian wine doesn't travel
well. But apart from that, I think you made a good day of it!

Piers