Re: [OM] Can I switch to digital?

Subject: Re: [OM] Can I switch to digital?
From: "deebel" <deebel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:46:33 +0100
Get an E-1 body and use your OM lenses

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Worby [mailto:simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 09 June 2010 09:22
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [OM] Can I switch to digital?

After some considerable time of barely taking any photos (my wife has an
Oly SP-590UZ digital she makes good use of) I took my 3Ti on holiday to
Devon last week and used up a few rolls of old film. I just took the
camera and 3 primes: 24f2, 40f2 and 85f2. It was good, and I enjoyed it.

I've now got to send off the films for process and mount, and then scan,
which is a hassle, and a not inconsiderable expense.

I don't seem to get on with digital cameras at all. I want to set the
shutter speed, the aperture, and most importantly I want to focus
myself, it's just the way I am! And I need a camera that is *designed*
to do these things, not one where you have to access the functionality
through a menu. It's got to be as easy to use as an OM, basically.

Does such a digital camera exist? Is it affordable?

Or do I have to stick with my OMs and suffer the inconvenience and cost
of getting films developed and then the hassle of scanning in my
favourites?

Thanks,

Simon Worby