[OM] IMG: Microcosmos

Subject: [OM] IMG: Microcosmos
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:05:53 -0400
JH says:
I agree, same goes for the 70-210.

I remember what Moose said somewhere in the archives about this
one---something to the effect that is has very even performance across
apertures, never bad, but never really outstanding.   It really is very
light and small and perhaps vibration affects it a bunch on the long
end.
I remember bringing it on one trip and it seemed acceptable with a bean
bag, but I haven't done any formal testing.  It seems to sit home
and  Z 50-250  gets the call for the longer travel zoom.  The70-210
developed zoom creep as well.  I wonder if the build quality is up to
the usual standards, but it didn't cost much either.

Mike