Re: [OM] My GF-1 as conversation piece

Subject: Re: [OM] My GF-1 as conversation piece
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 09:53:42 -0400
I'm sure I've been in Riverside at one time or another but long enough
ago that I don't remember it.  But Death Valley is truly appealing.  I
was very surprised when we visited there in late September, 2008.  All
the photos of Death Valley that I could recall seeing were of the salt
lakes and valley floor (truly desolate looking).  What they didn't show
was the majestic hills in the valley and the surrounding mountains.  The
hills and mountains are full of minerals which display lots of color.
The temperature that day was 104F (40C) but, due to the almost
non-existent humidity, we found just pleasantly warm... at least for
short jaunts outside the air conditioned car.  I'd say that was a good
time to visit.  It was certainly warm but not the unbearable heat of
summer.  In addition the place was nearly deserted relative to other
tourist attractions.  If it weren't for a handful of cars and a couple
of buses full of French tourists we'd have been the only ones there.

One of these days I'll get around to processing my Death Valley photos
and post some.  I highly recommend a visit and bring your camera.

Chuck Norcutt