Re: [OM] Sony NEX-5 Hands On

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony NEX-5 Hands On
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 09:21:14 +1000
I think it was Dean Swift (Gulliver's Travels and all that) who first
suggested that the upper classes could best keep the lower classes
under control by eating them, preferably when young and tender. And
H.G. Wells developed it to higher level with the industrious eating
the stupid.
But don't ship the sausage - we aren't hungry enough to solve that
problem. Even with the help of enthusiastic crocodiles.
Which reminds me - one of the journalists at the launch showed up with
his hand in a dramatic dressing and sling. Some puzzlement because
he's too elderly and eminent to get into drunken brawls (Terry Lane,
for the locals). His explanation - 'bitten by a crocodile' - in
Melbourne (about 2000km south of anywhere you find a wild one. Quite
serious apparently - needed some surgery. We didn't get all the
details because we were too busy falling about laughing - it's OK,
he's an educated man and understands the principal of schadenfreude.
But he did pose one question - every camera out there is designed for
the right-handed person. Now he's a de facto lefty, he's having a real
problem.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx