Re: [OM] Fomapan 100 (not bad...)

Subject: Re: [OM] Fomapan 100 (not bad...)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:36:54 +0200
On 09 May 2010, at 8:52 PM, Chris Crawford wrote:

> Dawid,
>
> I like the leaf in the chain link fence, the tonality if beautiful.
> I've
> used some of this in 120 size but quit because it curled so bad. I
> haven't
> tried it in 35mm though. I've used the 400 Foma film in 35mm but
> didn't like
> it as much as Tri-X and Tmax 400. Here in the USA Freestyle sells
> Tri-X
> rebranded as Arista Premium 400 and Plus-X as Arista Premium 100 For
> about
> $2 a roll (35mm only), same as they charge for Foma. I've used a lot
> of the
> rebranded Tri-X, the price can't be beat.

Thank you Chris! It's also my favourite of this lot. I have also not
heard great
things about Fomapan 200 and 400, which is why I gave the 100 a try.

I'll get to printing some of the rest of the images next weekend, and
after
about 10 or so images, I am sure I will be able to draw a proper
conclusion
as to whether I want to give a couple of further rolls a try.

Either way, the thing that always strikes me is how pleasurable it is
to go
out for a morning walk with a small OM body and a couple of nice
lenses (I
did leave the 250mm in the car most of the time, it's not exactly
"walk-around"). The simple pleasures in life...

D.