Re: [OM] 250mm F2.1

Subject: Re: [OM] 250mm F2.1
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 18:15:41 +0200
Thank you for adding your experience, Alan! That settles it's then, my
250/2.0 is actually
a 250/2.1 in practice :-/ Oh well... I'm in the IT industry, so
Version 2.1 seems acceptable.

Off-topic: I just shot my first roll of Fomapan 100 (rated at ISO 64)
this morning before work, and
developed the film. The negatives look great, but I'll only see the
character after making
some prints this week-end.

I want to see whether it can be a Pan-F stand-in for me (I really
don't like the modern T-grain films
like Delta 100 for some or other reason, technically good as they are,
they need a lot of printing
magic to make them look "non-boring").

My 250mm is by - like a factor of two - the highest-resolution OM lens
I have, it just blows the
90/2.0 and 24/2.0 away, so I used it for most shots this morning. I am
kinda-almost-happy
with the resolution and grain of a 12x16in print from FP4 but it's a
bit too grainy for some images.
Pan F at ISO32 is simply wonderful (but just a tad slow to shoot hand-
held, and I can't find the stuff
here). So I want to see what a high-resolution image shot on Fomapan
can do at 12x16in.

It's readily available at my local supplier, and it's very cheap, even
in bulk rolls. To my eye, the
negatives look a bit like Pan F negatives, so I am hopeful. It won't
be the same, but 80% similar
will do until I can reliably source the real thing.

Do any of you guys use Fomapan?

Dawid