[OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?

Subject: [OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 19:41:06 -0400
4. We have the F-number from step #2, therefore, to determine flash
distance
 from the subject we use the following:  Distance = GN / F-Number. (you
will
need to make sure you are working in feet or meters). So, based on this
calculation you will know exactly how far away from the subject to place
your flash.

Or the simplest way is to waste one bulb with a flash meter and adjust
distance by estimation.

AG (I don't even play Dr. Flash on television) Schnozz
--

Thanks AG,

For fill would obviously have to decide how many stops under  full
exposure would be optimal and account for the loss due to a pol.
I would think the GN would be a f(shutter speed) like an F280.  A bit
of digging confirmed this.

http://www.flashbulbs.com/BlueBulbs.htm

I wonder if flash meter would really  get an accurate reading with
such a long burn??  Can any flash meter work well with an F280?
OK, now we need the real McCoy Dr. Flash for that  question, I think.

I still am going hunting in my Mom's closet for that  large stash of
blue?
and clear mini fusion reactors (they were HUGE, IIRC) and the bracket.
Since the OM2 likes to be on FP mode it appears might as well use it
for high speed macro sync/fill.  Critters won't laugh at me at least.

No X Sync  Required Mike