[OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?

Subject: [OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 19:32:00 -0400
Mike,
    I've heard of people putting the sync switch on X then applying a
small
dab of Loctite. A permanent fix (and who uses flashbulbs anymore); but
you
may want to run that by John first; a fix like that is likely to give
him a
case of the willies.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,
John mentioned some doohickey to prevent a repeat performance.  I'd
rather have a root canal.

Come to think of it there is likely a substantial  stash of FP
flashbulbs &bracket  at my childhood home in NY state.  I will be going
there soon
to help my Mom with landscaping.  Perhaps I can rig a superpowered F280
equivalent for the OM-2 if I can figure out the output at
various speeds .  On second thought, sounds quite cockamamie.
Mike