Re: [OM] OT. Liverpool

Subject: Re: [OM] OT. Liverpool
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:53:33 -0400
My upstate New York backyard doesn't have any cane at all.  There's
plenty of cane in Florida but most of it is about 150-200 miles away
from my winter place.  The cane is on the south side of Lake Okeechobee.
  While I've never seen a sugar beet I just learned that the US is the
4th largest producer of sugar in the world and that 50% of that is from
sugar beets.
<http://www.ers.usda.gov/AmberWaves/February05/Findings/Sugarbeets.htm>
But I can't find one in the supermarket.

Chuck Norcutt