Re: [OM] 135/2.8, Houston Astros

Subject: Re: [OM] 135/2.8, Houston Astros
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:29:18 -0500
Bill, to answer your question, yes I'm in Houston.  Wouldn't mind
living a long (and healthy) life either.

>OK, off the soap box, on to somewhat more camera gear related topic and
then on to finishing a portfolio project upon which I've been working. This is
 still about risk.  Yesterday I responded to an ad on Craigslist in  a town
about 200 miles from where I am for the next few days. Crappy  photos, poor
description and worth the call.  Price was right for what was  being
offered in reasonable condition.  Kit included an OM 2, motor  drive 1 and 18V
grip, 50mm f1.4 (low number/not replacement for one  sent to live with AG),
75-150mm Zuiko, 310 Flash and BG, 2X of some sort, hard  metal case.  Not
interested, yet? Oh, there was also a 21mm f3.5  Zuiko.  Had a brief
conversation
with the seller, called up a friend whose  business was a few blocks away
and had him go pick it up for me. It is still  sight unseen, however the
amount of money at risk would not kill me and I  imagine it will turn out to be
an exceptional deal.  Risks? Yes.  Rewards? yes.  Thank you, Universe.

You're lucky I didn't jump on that same deal, as I was only 15 minutes
away!  I spoke with the buyer on Friday, and the only reason I
hesitated was because a. I already own a 21/3.5 and would simply be
selling it to make a profit and b. my wife would kill me if she found
out I was doing another CL deal for camera gear.  I'm glad it worked
out for you though, it's cool to see a fellow list member pick up a
deal that I've passed on.