[OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?

Subject: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 19:04:30 -0400
Thanks CH.  Interesting results with the EPL-1.  Thanks for commenting
on that too.
I have no clue why there is such a larger  exposure discrepancy using
live view in mine and others.
Can't very well send it back and the work around isn't awful.  I think
it may need shims to change to the ee-S screen too and have spot on
focus.
Live view is better to focus anyway but too slow sometimes.
I don't have time to fuss and the CFO wouldlike the brighter stock one
for now.  Sometimes these  DSLR things can be a pain.
Our fancy daffodils from Whiteflower farm planted last Fall my pop this
weekend and an OM is loaded. :-)  We'll see.
Mike

CH says:
Yes, I found exposure shift in liveview mode, it is around 1 stop max.,
may
depends on lens and lighting condition but I don't see 3 stops
different you
mentioned. Just checked the OM50-250 again, it is 1/3 stop under with
liveview at all focal lengths.

Concerning the difference from F1.4 to F2, I still think it is mainly
for
compensate the light fall off. I tried average metering on 5D II, it is
2/3
stop off and in spot mode it is only 1/3 stop off. With the E-PL1 it is
also
1/3 stop off, from F2 to F8 it is 1 stop apart each, there is possible
off
say from F2 to F2.8 but less than 1/3 stop so can't show on the meter.

OM doesn't need to know the absolute aperture since it doesn't need to
pass
aperture information on screen or anywhere.

C.H.Ling