Re: [OM] Did any OM4ti units have a back with no film reminder?

Subject: Re: [OM] Did any OM4ti units have a back with no film reminder?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 12:41:31 +0200
Hi Andrew, John and all,

From: Andrew <renditions@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>I should think the back door with smaller pressure plate would
>certainly work, but I doubt it could be positively recommended or
>guaranteed

I'd like to know for sure, because I own an old pre-MD OM-1, but no
short-plate back for it :-(

>also FWIW if you attempted to place a back door with long pressure
>plate on a M1 or early OM1 then the door cant close

Not quite... the door _will_ close, but the pressure plate will stay
slanted. Film seems to follow it, so you'll get a unexpected tilt (!) --
been there, done that.

BTW, that ruined one of my rolls, but it was good for ONE picture... the
tilt got the lower side of the picture (portrait orientation) focused
_closer_ than the rest -- so with a wide aperture I could get both the feet
(closer) and head (farther because the model was sitting ;-) in focus!

From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Remove the 2 right hand guide screws, insert 2 set screws, add some flat
>black paint, the you can use regular back with large pressure plate.

Thanks for the advice! But if I only remove the right hand guide screws, is
there any risk? I did so and made a test roll -- came out perfectly.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)