Re: [OM] Viewfinder Schmoofinder (was "5D2 - onwership update no 3")

Subject: Re: [OM] Viewfinder Schmoofinder (was "5D2 - onwership update no 3")
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:21:48 -0500
Joel the Wilcox wrote:

> To me it's a matter of love the one you're with.  E-3 viewfinder is
> vastly superior to the E-410's, yet the latter's never bothers me when
> I am using it.  Maybe because the total package is so light and small,
> or I am just a dullard.

LOL, you definitely are no dullard. When on Isle Royale, I felt like I was
visiting the land of the big brains.  I was the dullard of the bunch. Maybe
it was the tall foreheads. I don't know how many degrees Bill has, but it
was like post-graduate studies around there.

> Hmmm, I doubt that you really need this sort of validation. ;^)

Thanks a lot. Now I have a complex.

The next viewfinder I care about I hope will be an EVF built into the
> E-PL3 (or its Panny counterpart).

No kidding!  I'm biding my time waiting for that camera. The EVF is the
logical visual interface for digital cameras. Honestly, I thought that the
E-1 was a step back from the A1 because of it.

You talk about 4 vs 13 screens. It's really strange--I've been a 1-4 and 2-4
screen lover and really dislike ANYTHING in the image area. But will freely
admit that I can barely live without the 2-13 screens in a couple of my
cameras. As my eyes continue to decline, having focusing aids help. But the
key to the 2-13 screens for me is that the matte area is the same brightness
as the split/microprism area. The focusing aids don't become a distraction.
But they are also quite necessary as the 2-series screens have that little
issue with wide-angle lenses in that they don't blur out-of-focus and snap
in-focus

AG