Re: [OM] E-PL1 - my first camera not for fun

Subject: Re: [OM] E-PL1 - my first camera not for fun
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:37:22 EDT

In a message dated 3/31/2010 9:09:08 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

my  father (88 years old) just passed away on March
24.

I retired  at end of 2007, a rather early one (at 46) but I didn't spend
enough time  with him since I thought we still have time....

C.H., My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time of
great loss.

Your sharing this very personal part of your life, had me reflect on my
mother's passing 21 years ago . . . a time when I experienced a loss not
unlike  yours.

To those reading these words, I will share, briefly, my experience.   My
mother was diagnosed with cancer in January and made her transition on Feb
3rd.  We thought she had 6 to 9 months left  . . . she didn't.   What eased my
pain at this time of great sorrow, was a completeness in our  relationship.
 There was nothing left un-said between us.  She knew,  absolutely, that I
loved her and she had been acknowledge for the commitment she  had been to
me throughout my life.  This, a commitment, I credited for  allowing the
success I had experienced in my life.  These words we shared  were spread out
over many years and were intentional.

What I would share with each of you today is:

Celebrate your relationships.

Make peace, where peace is needed.

Forgive yourself and others.

Enjoy this moment.

Leave nothing un-said that lets others know you love and appreciate  them.
It is a gift to them and an even  greater gift to  yourself.

Bill Barber

PS - one way you can celebrate your relationships is through your  imagery.