Re: [OM] The 7-14's take on Rugby

Subject: Re: [OM] The 7-14's take on Rugby
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:10:25 +1100
Ah, then you misunderstand entirely, there is an inspirational context
missing from your life and an explanation would first mystify and then
bore you.
Suffice to say that at a domestic level it speaks to the need for
tribal rivalry and at an international level it's writ large - war by
other means.
In other words, serious business.

Very serious -
"Everything of value that I learned about social and moral
obligations, I learned from football." Albert Camus (once goalkeeper
for Oran).
"In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the
opposing team." (Jean-Paul Satre).
"I don't play against any particular team, I play against the idea of
losing." Eric Cantona (mon Dieu!)
"Some people think football is a matter of life and death but it's
much more serious than that!" Bill Shankly.

Last weekend United beat Liverpool - I cannot begin to explain what
that means.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx