Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/3/2010: Leica at the Chandos

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/3/2010: Leica at the Chandos
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:13:25 -0000
Screw-mount Leica cameras don't accept plain old 35mm film leaders, Chuck,
they have to be trimmed to suit the hallowed surroundings in which the film
is to be used. And there is an approved Leitz tool to act as a template
(knife not included) of which 290394320866 and 200445098068 on the auction
site are examples. Note that it's a double-ended template so you have the
right pattern for the slot on the centre-spool of your 35mm cassette.  You
are using real Leitz cassettes, of course?

Piers