Re: [OM] Did any OM4ti units have a back with no film reminder?

Subject: Re: [OM] Did any OM4ti units have a back with no film reminder?
From: Andrew <renditions@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:45:25 +1030
I imagine it would work (it certainly fits) but I am not sure its a good idea
or how reliable (100%?) it would be, because I have never had cause or a need
to do it. The shorter (about 7mm or so) pressure plate on the early (O)M1 and
have to be shorter because those early camera have a couple of chrome 'lug'
type film guides on the right hand side of the film mask opening, opposite the
same type lugs that are already on the left side as you look in the open back
of the body of other OM camera..

In all but the earliest OM1and M1 those film locating lugs are removed from the
body right hand side , the back door then has the longer pressure plate instead
which keeps the film flat right up to where the film wind on sprocket is, that
the longer pressure plate assists in keeping the film flat and engaged
positively on the wind on sprocket, but as I mentioned at the beginning, I
should think the back door with smaller pressure plate would certainly work,
but I doubt it could be positively recommended or guaranteed

also FWIW if you attempted to place a back door with long pressure plate on a
M1 or early OM1 then the door cant close, for the perhaps the now obvious
reason that the pressure plate hits those protruding chrome film locating
lugs...Also just because that OM-4Ti has a door without a film reminder doesn't
necessarily mean it has the small pressure plate, there is a good chance it has
the larger pressure plate. asking them for a measurement would help

cheers
Andrew