Re: [OM] Another overpriced 3Ti on the 'bay

Subject: Re: [OM] Another overpriced 3Ti on the 'bay
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:57:43 EST
Chris,

The two quotes below are from you. The first yesterday, and the second two
weeks ago on another list.

1.- "You're splitting hairs. There isn't any difference in operation of a
4T in
manual mode and 3Ti."

2.- "Since I like manual mode, the OM-3 or 3Ti would have been better for
me than the 4T."

So, if there's no reason to get a 3Ti over the 4Ti (which you've stated
here) could you please explain quote #2?

Furthermore, please don't judge anyone for buying a 3Ti and say things like
 they only buy them because they can and insinuate that it's solely a
status  symbol and there'd be no difference in their photos if they just used a
4Ti or  an OM-1.

You posted that you are the sole support of a son and you also said you
hadn't had a job "in a decade " and yet you also said you bought a Leica.
Mmmmm... if anyone was ripe to be judged or criticized......but I won't do
that.  If the Leica made you happy, fine. If a 3Ti makes someone else happy,
that's  fine too. And if AG Schnozz says it makes him a better photographer
why not just  believe him? Why argue that he's wrong for choosing a 3Ti? Let
it go. Be  happy.

George S.