Re: [OM] Another overpriced 3Ti on the 'bay'

Subject: Re: [OM] Another overpriced 3Ti on the 'bay'
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:11:56 +0100
Chris,

I hope you are not implying that everyone who owns a 3Ti does so for the
show off value ( I am sure you don't), I was once in a fortunate
position to be able to buy a brand new OM either the 4Ti or a 3Ti and
after a lot of searching and decision making I opted for the 3Ti even
though the arguments I hear now are the same in that the 4Ti does what
the 3Ti does etc.  Why did I choose the 3Ti  well it was only a little
bit more expensive than the 4Ti and because after having a OM 2 fail
once due to cold I wanted a manual camera I could rely on, if you add
the flash sync advantage then it seemed the best option I had no idea
then that it would hold its value better than the 4Ti. I was not able to
afford the 35-80/2.8 to go with it at the time, although now due to
bankers messing up I do own one now.

When I replied originally to the overpriced comment by dawid  I said you
have obviously never held one with a smiley, however if you have held
one then you will know there is something special about it! .  If people
recognise this and are willing to pay for it then it cannot be
overpriced, I would love a ferrari (to drive and admire the engineering
but not as an investment),  the fact I can't afford one doesn't mean
they are overpriced it just means I can't afford one - despite being my
teenage dream.

IanW