[OM] A sad thing

Subject: [OM] A sad thing
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:52:43 -0500
I just opened a 4T champagne that was donated to me for parts use.  You
could see oil rings on the focus screen (oil running into the circular
etchings of the screen).  As I took the top cover off, there was a
uninterrupted shiny layer of oil between the asa number disc and the
cover plate.  There's an oil spot around every screw. The circuit is now
a darker color and has a semi-gloss sheen to it.  How sad.  Who would
oil such a wonderful camera THIS much, unless they were trying to kill
it?  Very sad.  It had been returned to customer by Photosphere (a LONG
time ago) with "corrosion damage".   Haven't found any corrosion, but
did find tons of oil. You know it's bad when the flat black interior of
the mirror box has turned semi-gloss.