Re: [OM] IMG: Two pixes

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two pixes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 02:43:25 -0800
On 1/18/2010 1:36 PM, philippe.amard wrote:
> Just added two 'romantic' Paris shots with the G1. Feel free to view them XXL.

Dipping into the past; I meant to comment back then.

> New Romance BW
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2010/2010-PAW-02-G1+_amp_+Bridge-1010768-2.jpg.html

Linear distortion not bad, but definitely there. Couldn't resist trying
a version with more bite.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Amard/Bridge.htm>

> and
> Wedlocks Colour
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2010/2010-PAW-02-Wedlocks-1010770-2.jpg.html

I like this. One thing that makes it work for me is the very smooth OOF
background. Looking at the large size, it appears to be a combination of
good bokeh at this subject/background distance combo and some softening
noise. Although the noise helped this image, I was surprised to see that
much at ISO 200.

I compared studio samples with the G11. Very, very similar noise in
JPEGs at ISO 200. Pixel peeping, I'd give a tiny edge to the G1, but I
don't think it would show up in a print.

A. Tardy Moose