Re: [OM] Photographer films his own 'anti-terror' arrest

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographer films his own 'anti-terror' arrest
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:15:22 +0000
Thanks, Jez.

"Our rights are being eroded by the day ...".  However, the police meet all
sorts and refusing to give your name and address because you don't have to is
tantamount to challenging the police, an individual.  And individuals are
liable act like this when they face challenge, especially when they have to
deal with other people who don't respect proper police authority, such as
drunks or criminals.

It's a real shame, but a fact of life; it's also a shame that there are PCSOs
who have less authority, but perhaps feel the need to use what authority they
do have.

One of my neighbours is a PCSO; I might ask her what her attitude might be.

Chris