Re: [OM] electrical interference

Subject: Re: [OM] electrical interference
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:21:16 +1100
I've had an awful lot of electrical devices in the past with switches
(when they still had mechanical switches) which were always, always
down=on, whether they were rockers or flip types. Same for cars. I
can't imagine that the Japanese were carefully inverting the switches
for the UK market. In old American cars, did you flip the switches up
for on?
For whoever said it, I didn't notice anything different in France
recently, even with those BIG rocker switches they use for lights.
Oh and are your cold taps (er...faucets) on the left or right? I
always thought 'left for hot' was a global standard as in mixer taps
until I bought this house - it had been plumbed by the previous South
African owner and they were the wrong way around (at least, geography
was his excuse).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx