Re: [OM] Purchase of new mobile camera case & New photoopportunities thi

Subject: Re: [OM] Purchase of new mobile camera case & New photoopportunities this year
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 07:54:52 +1100
That's been the case for a long time. I had a friend who ran old Land
Rovers and he had a little list - parts from other vehicles that were
wholly compatible. He usually paid less than half the price for the
same part with a different code number and box, sold for a more
conventional vehicle. Occasionally he had to drill an extra hole or
transfer a mounting plate.
As to Mercedes - a friend who restored an old family Merc was
surprised to find that was a ready supply of good, cheap spares off
the net. Because large sections of the third world run on old Merc
taxis, there was plenty of stuff available from odd places.
Of course, none of this is relevant to those of you who insist on
vehicles with electric seats and engine management computers....
But then, I mix with the kind of people who think that an decent RV
involves an old HiAce van, a bit of carpentry and a mattress in the
back.  :-)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx