Re: [OM] Purchase of new mobile camera case & New photo opportunities th

Subject: Re: [OM] Purchase of new mobile camera case & New photo opportunities this year
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:52:29 -0500
  Well that's painting with a mighty broad brush John, and on a less civil
List would likely generate a flame war. And if this were 1980 I might even
agree with you. Most of the problem with your statement is that you are
comparing apples and oranges. If I may be more specific, it is meaningless
to say that a 6 cylinder E-class MB is "better" than say a Chevy Malibu or a
Ford Fusion. The former is pushing 40k in this country and the latter two
can be purchased for less than 25k. The MB certainly has more bells &
whistles and likely handles a bit better but I doubt it is more reliable. In
fact Consumers Union statistics would say it is less reliable. Also brands
have fluctuated a lot over the decades. I too have owned or driven VW's
since the late 60's and most recently a '98 Passat. I loved the design and
handling but it had reliability issues that would shame an 80's GM car. I
understand your sentiments but I don't think it is supported by facts.

Charlie