Re: [OM] Pardon me - Analog Alert

Subject: Re: [OM] Pardon me - Analog Alert
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 00:33:07 +0200
On 25 Feb 2010, at 5:30 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> Your analogue print would probably look really good with a touch
>> of sepia toning in the highlights (i.e. bleaching it literally for a
>> couple of seconds before leaving it in the toner).
>>

> Ooo. I like it. Very interesting idea. That would put tone in the
> print
> where the sun is so it isn't just a hole in the image. However, I
> haven't
> been one for toning. That's a skill-set I haven't attained.

Ken, you have like 100x the darkroom expertise that have, and even I
have not managed to
screw up toning before, it's dead simple. Pop the print into the
bleach until the
highlights that you want tones have just disappeared, pull it out and
rinse, and
place it in the toner until it's done (2 minutes or so is usually
enough).

I love subtly (partially) toning my images, and this exchange reminds
me that it's
been too long since I've done that - need to get more toner.

good luck if you try!

Dawid