[OM] Samsung stirs the pot

Subject: [OM] Samsung stirs the pot
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:12:44 -0500
I don't see any either but they are being labelled as such in news coverage.
Sony hasn't provided much detailed info.
  This is the rumored opening salvo.  I don't know if they will make more
announcements at PMA but as the first line is still vaporware, I would think
not.  A well engineered  compact EVIL even with their current sensors
and Zeiss glass may be a force to be reckoned with.

http://www.channelnews.com.au/Digital_Cameras/Industry/A9T7T6D3

From one of the usual Sony rummor sites:

“I have some inside info.
Sony is preparing to introduce EVIL cameras. They will have 3 lines.
A230-550 – low end – eventually will be phased out – within a decade – Sony
considers this to be an interim format.
EVIL LINE – full line eventually – basically 35 mm replacement
A800-1000 – pro – basically MF format replacement
The effort goes now to the EVIL models, with new Zeiss and Sony lenses. They
will have superior video with high performance contrast focusing.

Mike

These do not appear to be EVIL cameras.  No EVF in evidence.Chuck
Norcuttusher99 [at] aol.com wrote:Nice analysis, thank you.? I should have used
highend P&S more generically rather than G11, though there is some overlapin
LX3 and G11 markets.? I have wondered what the Moose thought of top usuable ISO
on the G11 with a layered NI type of treatment that he does so well.? 400 is
about tops for the G9? with some exceptions. ? Appears the rumors that Sony
will get into the EVIL market were
true.http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10022103sony2010.asp?Perhaps they'll use
the 14MP CMOS?sensor of the? A550.? I like the oversized multi-format sensor of
the GH1 though its sucessormay just be too big for?a horse cam as may be the
Sony depending on the lenses.??As Moose says, neither fish nor fowl.? I'll pay
close attention, however.? May just use the XA again this year and the G9 for
horse use. ? Mike