[OM] Samsung stirs the pot

Subject: [OM] Samsung stirs the pot
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:16:33 -0500
Nice analysis, thank you.? I should have used highend P&S more generically
rather than G11, though there is some overlap
in LX3 and G11 markets.? I have wondered what the Moose thought of top usuable
ISO on the G11 with a layered NI type of treatment that he does so well.? 400
is about tops for the G9? with some exceptions.
?
Appears the rumors that Sony will get into the EVIL market were true.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10022103sony2010.asp
?
Perhaps they'll use the 14MP CMOS?sensor of the? A550.? I like the oversized
multi-format sensor of the GH1 though its sucessor
may just be too big for?a horse cam as may be the Sony depending on the
lenses.??As Moose says, neither fish nor fowl.? I'll pay close attention,
however.? May just use the XA again this year and the G9 for horse use.
?
Mike
?
?
?
?
?
?
Looks more aimed at the LX3. The teensy bit faster and a little bit
longer lens looks like it was speced by marketing to sell against the LX3.

EX10 24-72/1.8-2.4?? 114 x 63 x 29mm

LX3? 24-60/2.0-2.8?? 109 x 60 x 27 mm?? 265 g

G11? 28-170/2.8-4.5? 112 x 76 x 48 mm?? 375 g

Moose