Re: [OM] IS testresults

Subject: Re: [OM] IS testresults
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:16:31 +1000
On 18 February 2010 05:52, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No - I suppose I could stick it on the 5D2 and then crop in the
> 'pooter' but I have never tried that. Does it work?

In Aperture (and I imagine most of the other usual suspects), you
could create a standard crop and just duplicate that to all images. It
might even be possible to do that on import into Aperture (perhaps
more likely with 3...I haven't looked at it with 2), but if not,
copying that adjustment (crop) and pasting it to other images is dead
easy.

Saying that, I have never tried it either. I only have one APS-C lens
(the Sigma 10-20), and haven't really looked at it on the 5D2 (tending
to use the Canon EF 20-35 f3.5-4.5 for wide). You'd still end up with
large MB images on your disk, for a smaller cropped image, unless you
made it a permanent crop.

Cheers,
Marc