[OM] was E-PL1, now 7-14 etc...

Subject: [OM] was E-PL1, now 7-14 etc...
From: iwert bernakiewicz <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:43:45 +0100
Thanks for the input Andrew,

The images @ dpreview show considerable CA. Sharpness is OK, but these
are jpegs.
On a panas0nic, the CA might be better, but for a lens this price, I'ld expect
software correction from oly as well, or better quality. The lens is
very compact however.
Question is if they will make a good quality 10-20 or even 12-24 f2 or 2.8 zoom.
That would be a very nice travel lens. But as far as I can see now, there
is no interest in optical image quality + more DOF capabilities in the
m4/3 line-up.
Neither from Oly or Pana. Even the classic 4/3 seems dead at the moment.
Still no WA prime or portrait lens. I'm getting more and more used to
the quirks of the 5D
with zuiko glass, giving a more compact solution than Oly 4/3.
If the Sony frankenmount solution would work out I might consider even Sony.
(who would have thought that?) Especially if they would make a Mirrorles
camera with 1.5 crop accepting pen lenses :) The Oly 18mm could even
become a tilt/shift
28mm...

Iwert