Re: [OM] Chuck will be gone for a week

Subject: Re: [OM] Chuck will be gone for a week
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 10:19:29 -0700
Flying on NASA's Vomit Comet was just the opposite.  One of the
quickest ways for many to lose their breakfast was to look out the
window at the horizon going from a 45 degree climb to a 45 degree
descent while the inner ear was reporting nonsense because of the free
fall.  The sensation was even worse when upside down or rotating
relative to the plane.  Even scopolamine couldn't save everyone :)  I
still have vivid memories of lying down in the hotel room after my
first flight but before the effects of the scopolamine had worn off
and feeling like I was being smashed into the bed while the bed was
rotating to the vertical.  Whenever I opened my eyes, I returned to
normal.

Mark