Re: [OM] IMG: Crossroads

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Crossroads
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:28:24 -0200
Jim, first to rule out is <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotator_cuff>.

'Rest' is always very important, 'Strengthening' should come later.

Obviously, the wiki article is oversimplified (I'd say it's a 'weaky'
article) - but useful for a start.

Rx and MRI are always very useful, specially for careful inspection of
the acromion, since when curving forward and upward, so as to overhang
the glenoid cavity, it can compress (and tear !) the supraspinatus
tendon. Mine only makes a cracking noise :-)

The shoulder joint pathology is another sort of curse which came after
our species became biped.

Good luck,

Fernando.

( ... oh, steroids might be considered)