Re: [OM] More recent...new toy...

Subject: Re: [OM] More recent...new toy...
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:33:18 +0200
Ken, I am curious as to how you chose your list of Zuikos that
apparently isolate
subjects from the background well? Does it not simply have to do with
large-ish
aperture, and personal experience?

As a case in point, you did not mention the 24/2, but when
photographing subjects
closer than 2 meters I feel it has phenomenally beautiful, and subtle,
subject
isolation.

Also, you curiously omit the 50/1.8 "underdog" which, though I am not
a user of, others
claim it has splendid out-of-focus image rendition, and surely a
50/1.8 will isolate
any subject better than a 28/2?

Then there's the 40/2?

Perhaps I am just yanking your chain here, but I am curious as to why
this particular list?

:-)

On 01 Feb 2010, at 11:09 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

<snip>

> background.  My Mamiya Press and 645 didn't have the same
> characteristic. A
> handful of Zuikos are the same way in background isolation as well
> as the
> lenses from the Contax 645AF.
>
> Classic Wide and Normal Zuikos that I think qualify:
> 28/2
> 35/2
> 50/1.2
> 50/1.4