Re: [OM] ( OM ) Full moon on candid camera

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Full moon on candid camera
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 02:29:40 +1300
Chris wrote
> I had a go and got nothing like Brian's excellent result.  My efforts
> resulted in a
large round blown highlight -- ?4, 1/6, ISO400 with a 50-200 on my E-3.  I was
impressed with the IS, but not the banded noise when I tried to raise the
shadows.

> I shall have to re-think this exposure lark

I had similar results when I used the DZ 14-54.

Then I decided it was time "I" took control; next night put the camera on
manual, plucked
an exposure setting off the top of my head, and was, as I wrote, amazed.

Tonight I tried the 300/4 at 1/60 and f/5.6. Too much cloud and I have not even
downloaded the result yet. The 300 is more difficult to focus, what with its
ability to focus
past infinity.

Brian Swale.