Re: [OM] Fwd: Shanghai camera shopping

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd: Shanghai camera shopping
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:13:28 +0800
On 1/29/10, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity: given the, shall we say, relaxed, Chinese
> attitude to intellectual property, how confident are you that the
> things on offer were genuine?

I'd worry about really common easily forged items with brand
labels. Is that really a Kingston SD card? Or about expensive
collectibles, the expensive "Leica" that's actually a rebadged
Zorki or some such.

For things like my K-X, I do not think there's much concern.
They would be harder to forge and have neither the volume
of the SD cards nor the astronomical price of the Leica to
make it worth a forger's trouble.