Re: [OM] Musings from the dark side - i.e. life with 5D2

Subject: Re: [OM] Musings from the dark side - i.e. life with 5D2
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 05:19:33 +1300
Marc wrote
> When I'm swapping lenses on the EOS at home, I tend to sit the
> replacement lens on the body without turning and locking it while I
> put the rear cap on the replaced lens. Then I pick the camera up
> and...well, I've not broken a lens yet, but it's only a matter of
> time.
The way I try and get around that kind of situation is to develop a mindset
that raises a mental red flag when I do such forbidden behaviour.

In common with other people of my age (as I discover through
conversation), I have to apply certain rules if I am to not use vital "bits'.

For example, I try to "see red" if I put car keys (or whatever) anywhere
except in a small number of chosen places. Otherwise, I can spend forever
searching for them.  It doesn't matter that at the time I put them somewhere
that I'll remember - that doesn't work. I don't remember.

Oh! the blessings of the golden years  :-)

Brian Swale.