[OM] Some casualties of Florida's freezing weather

Subject: [OM] Some casualties of Florida's freezing weather
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:16:50 -0500
The pond out behind my place here in Palmetto, Florida and some of the
45 fish that didn't survive.  My rough guess on first discovering this
scene was that 20-30 fish had succumbed to the cold and that none had
survived.  The next day I did a count and was surprised to find 45 that
hadn't made it.  Most of the fish are about 1 foot long.  Since
reflections keep me from seeing into the entire pond I think there may
actually be about 60.  But I was surprised to find 5 live ones where the
day before I had seen none.  Many of the plants are also in poor
condition.  <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Winterset_pond/index.htm>

ps:  I got most of them but I was very frustrated by not being able to
completely remove the blue sky reflections from the water with my
polarizer in photo 2.

Chuck Norcutt