Re: [OM] Fre image recovery software from Lexar

Subject: Re: [OM] Fre image recovery software from Lexar
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 20:41:22 -0500
Trying to recover images is made very difficult if the card is
fragmented by erasure.  I would think very large cards would also incur
some performance problems if they were used to the point that they were
trying to recover space made available by erasure.  FAT is extremely
efficient for sequential access when everything is put at the end of the
  used space/beginning of free space.  It's very inefficient if the free
space is fragmented.  Apart from that I  don't know of usage problems
that might be occasioned by fragmentation... except for the possibility
of encountering bugs in the seldom used code handling fragmented free space.

Chuck Norcutt