[OM] When technology bites

Subject: [OM] When technology bites
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 22:38:05 -0600
I just got wrapped up recalibrating my Zonemaster II. What a royal pain that
little task was. For some reason everything about my darkroom was completely
shifted and I couldn't get an accurate meter reading no matter what. One
thing that had me completely puzzled was known combinations were way off.
The only thing I can think of is a shift in color temperature of the
enlarger bulb.

But now I've got this Adox MCC paper fully calibrated with the meter and can
get pretty bloody close with the meter on even the most difficult negative.
This is beautiful stuff.

Sometimes technology can really bite when you try to rely on it and it isn't
working right.

AG