Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 18:48:56 -0500
You may be seeing the effect of cache.  As far as the copy operation is
concerned it read and wrote everything required to the backup disk.  But
if you have a large cache available the write that the copy operation
did was only to cache memory.  If you have a large cache the physical
writing to the backup disk could go on for some time after the copy
appears to be complete.

Chuck Norcutt